Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Progress is made!


Today, I was pretty busy overall, not just with the project, but I’ve done a lot of smoothing, retexturing, GUI, recoding mechanics, tweaked player faces that change during different events, like if you get too close to the enemy, Blu gets a little scared etc. Again, every feedback is more than welcome!

For now I’ll do a couple of more changes to the GUI and all that, then I’m going for the level/stage choose screen. After that I’ll be redesigning stages 1 and 2 that I’ve already made and try to finish it all. After that, I’m off to finishing every stage (which would take a bit longer than you’d expect, since there are a few enemies that I have in mind, but haven’t coded in) and (probably) declaring beta when I’m done. 

After the beta, what I’m hoping to happen is that I’ll fix and tweak what’s missing in the game and when all is right, move to the next project. This is my first indie project. I did not know how to do everything, I asked, did a lot of research, but I can openly say that I got a lot of experience with how the computer works and how the game works, and I think (or at least hope) the next project might be something a lot more awesome than this for both me and the players.

By the way, I already have a general idea of my next project written down, but I’m not looking at it right now, since I’m liking this project more and more and I want to see it finished as best as it can.

Another thing to declare is that I’ll post the game on IndieDB, to which I will post the link later, so players might support me and give me general ideas and feedback straight on.

Last thing, that I forgot to mention, is that there will be shops in this game, and, again, I do not plan to implement any kind of micro-transaction system. I’m not doing this for money, I’m doing this for experience. When the time is right, and I feel that I’m ready to try to make a profit from my games, I might try something, but as only a starting indie, I’m not anywhere near that.

That is all, stay tuned! More meows are coming! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment